For this week’s assignment I was going to make a dumbbell since the project requirements were “make anything with two different materials…NO acrylic NO plywood”
So I started out just fine mixed some concrete as you will see in the video I once again had to rig up some tools since I did this project from home for the most part.
I ran into problems due to the change in weather here in NY. It decided that it was going to be a proper fall and the temperatures this week have been pretty chilly therefore the concrete took way longer to cure than the expected couple of hours or so. So I had to decide what the dumbbell was going to be. So it became a stylish key holder for my desk.
I belt sanded the end of the dowel added some screw hooks and stained the little guy with some cherry stain. See the finished product below.